Somebodys “0”h has gotta to go;
3-0 will be 3-1 or 2-0 to 2-1?
10 teams in 5A and 4A are undefeated.
Here is a look at some teams with the goose egg in wins or losses so the big questions is who is the contender or pretender. RPI has been released so winning games is no guarantee for post season, PERIOD.
On Monday we would have said the top 10 teams probably would be favored to win but now RPI muddied up the waters.
* Cherry Creek (3-0) @ Pomona (2-1) – Thursday
CC is loaded and Pomona is on a rebound from a suspect Valor team many are wondering how they are undefeated but will be tested Friday
* Ralston Valley (3-0) @ Loveland (2-0) – Thursday
5A versus 4A and Loveland did not benefit from RPI.
* Horizon (0-3) @ ThunderRidge (3-0)
TR beat FV last week and many asked why we picked that game to view LIVE, well who’s your daddy? TR is #1 in RPI and Horizon is better than most will admit or know if they just scoreboard watch.
* Columbine (3-0) at Highlands Ranch (1-2)
Uh, playoffs last 2 seasons and HRHS schedules the Rebels for homecoming? Yeah flip my wig!
* Prairie View (0-3) @ Smoky Hill (3-0)
Culture change is good, unless the wheels fall off Smoky goes to 4-0 on what most likely will be a 10-0 season. Reminds me of 4 years ago in the Metro South of AHS and Westminster 10-0 to get waxed in the playoffs but don’t discount Tommy T.
* Eaglecrest (3-0) @ Legacy (0-3)
Coachless after game 1 and Looney has the Raptors rolling. Legacy is struggling and the DC of EC coached with the HC when he was the OC at HRHS so can we say EC will be 4-0… YES!
* Poudre (1-2) @ Cherokee Trail (3-0)
Well the wheels on the bus go round and round for the #FOCO team and the long hall will be interesting as Poudre might shock CT.
* Wheat Ridge (1-1) @ Arvada West (3-0)
4A versus 5A, enough said as AW will be 4-0
* Pine Creek (3-0) @ Valor Christian (3-0)
PC might recall 2011 and the pasting VC put on them 66-10 in 2011 4A state title game. 5 sub 11 track guys for PC will test a suspect VC defense that has not been tested. 4-0 is a no go if Joe does not play. Joe Davis is the CU verbal that could put up 200 yards if healthy but our inside information says he’s on the shelf. Expect VC to unleash havok game 6 when transfers become eligible.
* Fountain Fort Carson (1-2) @ Grandview (3-0)
Well now probably the most entertaining 5A contest as FFC is playing an aggressive schedule and GV needs to prove the doubters they are for real. Last year they knocked off VC but now its a matter of what Wolves team will show up on game day.
* Pine Creek (3-0) at Valor Christian (3-0)
* Pueblo East (3-0) at Pueblo West (2-1)
Yeah buddy! P-Town football. Arguably the best 4A of the week.
* Fruita Monument (1-1) at Chatfield (3-0)
Western slope team comes East so the Chargers need to be ready for a team we liked all off season.
* Golden (2-0) at Standley Lake (1-1)
Is Golden for real or will SL steal one?
* Skyline (2-0) at Brighton (2-1)
Skyline has talent and the Bulldogs need to make things happen.
* Greeley Central (2-0) @ Longmont (1-1)
GC is a team that will surprise many but Longmont needs a week 3 win.
* Gateway (0-3) @ Vista Peak (2-0)
VP lost some talents to fluid transfer but Gateway is trying hard to get a DUB so this will be a great neighborhood contest.
* Grand Junction Central (2-1) at Palisade (2-0)
Big time football here as both are solid squads.
* Harrison (2-0) at Pueblo Centennial (2-0)
Long travels for a ball game but will be a thriller.
* Bayfield (3-0) at Durango (1-2)
Bayfield playing up, welcome to big boy football.
* Discovery Canyon (3-0) at Holy Family (2-0)
Who is for real? Both in a quest to pull out of the pack.
* Thomas Jefferson (2-0) at Fort Morgan (2-0)
TJ is a #RPI #1 so we featured them in a SPOTLIGHT and well Ft. Morgan needs to prove their salt.
* Pagosa Springs (1-2) at Basalt (2-0)
* Buena Vista (2-0) at Salida (3-0)
* Platte Valley (3-0) at Eaton (2-0)
* Kent Denver (2-0) at La Junta (3-0)
* Clear Creek (1-1) at Peyton (2-0)
* Meeker (1-1) at Limon (2-0) – Saturday
* EIGHT MAN
* Vail Christian (2-0) at Rangely (3-0)
* Akron (2-1) at Sedgwick County (2-0)
* Sargent (2-0) at Mancos (2-0) – Saturday
* Simla (2-0) at Custer County (2-0) – Saturday
* Otis (2-0) at Flagler/Hi Plains (2-0)
* Walsh (1-1) at Cheyenne Wells (2-0)
* Peetz (1-1) at Stratton/Liberty (2-0) – Saturday
Feel free to follow us all season long:
We have reactivated 303Gonzo YouTube Please follow303Gonzo YouTube and subscribe
The website, Twitter, Facebook, Periscope, Instagram and SnapChat.http://303gonzo.com/
@303Gonzo has made it easier for all to remember how to access the High School insider. www.303gonzo.com Please update your bookmarks to include the website, Twitter, Facebook, Periscope, Instagram & SnapChat